This one is for all of our fashionista readers…
London Fashion Week has come and gone. The week long event of designers showing off their latest collections and fashionistas worldwide revelling in all it’s glory made quite an impact on the social media world. Our friends over at the top fashion magazine ELLE UK were there covering every last aspect from the runways to the Twitter conversations. In fact, Twitter was such a driving force for LFW that they decided to put together an awesome infographic with data powered by Sysomos.
Check out the infographic below in which ELLE UK shows:
- 308,991 tweets were sent using the hashtag #LFW during the February shows compared to 170,572 during the previous season – an 81% increase.
- The most tweeted-about model was Cara Delevingne, with 10,434 tweets sent. This peaked at an incredible 7000 when she took to the catwalk at Topshop Unique (the most tweeted-about show of the London season).
- The second most tweeted-about model was Jourdan Dunn, with 6299 tweets.
- Models were more popular than celebrities on the front row: 18,553 tweets were sent about models compared with 9418 about celebrity attendees.
- One Direction fans ruled the front row tweets – Louis Tomlinson was the most tweeted-about celebrity of the whole five-day week, with 3593 tweets sent about him, despite him attending only one show (Topshop Unique).
- The top three most tweeted-about shows were Topshop (16,732 tweets), Burberry (15,684) and Mulberry (5663).
- The largest proportion of tweets came from the UK at 57%. Second in line was the USA at 15% – clearly underlining the significance of the British fashion industry on the international stage.
- ELLE UK cover star Victoria Beckham ruled the #NYFW catwalk with 14,854 tweets being sent about her during the shows – more than the next two biggest shows (Michael Kors at 6651 and Jason Wu at 5426) combined.