A message from our CEO, Jim Delaney:
If you’re a Sysomos customer, you’ve probably noticed we’ve had some downtime lately.
First and foremost, you need to know that we don’t find this any more acceptable than you do. We understand that you rely on Sysomos to get business done, to deliver reports and analytics, and to keep tabs on the real-time world of the social web. When it’s not working, you’re losing productivity and information.
We’re committed to making this right.
Second, we’d like to explain what we’re doing to fix the problem so we can deliver the Sysomos reliability you’ve come to expect and deserve.
These recent issues have three main root cause: some migration issues with our ongoing move to grid server architecture, a lack of redundancy for some of our social data feeds and inputs, and data input growth requiring rapid increases to our network capacity.
To address that, we are:
- Immediately and rapidly replacing hardware we’ve outgrown with new, high-capacity servers. You’ll see a big difference in performance by early next week.
- We’ve already installed additional and more sensitive alerting systems on our server infrastructure to ensure we fix issues before they impact you.
- Backfilling data from sources like Twitter that were unavailable last week, which will be complete by the end of tomorrow (Thursday).
- Continuing our move to a grid server architecture, which will provide better stability, capacity, and 99.9% uptime once finished. That migration will be complete early 2015, but we’re moving things continuously to this new structure.
We’re also hiring like crazy on our grid, systems and engineering teams (know anyone great? Check out our career opportunities) to make sure we continue to have the smartest, most capable minds building and maintaining our infrastructure and products.
We’re evangelists for the power of social intelligence. But we also know that having the information and the social data you need to drive your strategies isn’t optional, it’s essential. And it has to be reliably available when you need it.
We’ve let you down there recently, and we’re hard at work around the clock to make it better.
If you’ve got questions, concerns, or need a hand, here’s how you can reach a human, directly and quickly:
- Tweet us at @Sysomos
- Call our support line at 1.866.483.3338 between 8:30a ET and 8p ET
- Email our support team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or email your dedicated Social Media Specialist
The exponential growth of social data is only matched by the sheer capacity for social intelligence to help our enterprises grow and thrive.
We absolutely believe in that potential. We’ve made more investments in our infrastructure in the last three months than we have in the three years before that, precisely because of the growth, opportunity, and power of social for business.
And while roadbumps like this are not a fun part of that evolution, we appreciate your support and patience as we navigate them.
We promise it will be worth it, and that it’s all in the name of delivering the world-class social intelligence platform that you need for your business.
Thanks, as always, for being part of our journey.