Since being launch in late-2007, Facebook Pages have become an increasingly popular tool for major brands, high-profile organization and celebrities.
To get a better handle on the world of Facebook Pages, Sysomos conducted the first large-scale study by analyzing more than 600,000 pages. We looked at a variety of metrics such as popularity, the amount of content posted, the number of fans, and the most popular categories.
Some of the highlights include:
– Michael Jackson is the most popular page on Facebook with 10 million fans; followed by actor Vin Diesel (7 million) and U.S. president Barack Obama (6.9 million).
– On average, a Facebook Page has 4,596 fans.
– 4% of pages have more than 10,000 fans, 0.76% of pages have more than 100,000 fans, and 0.05% of pages (or 297 in total) have more than a million fans.
– Pages with more than one million fans have nearly three times as much owner-generated content as the average Facebook page. (Where “owner-generated content” means things like photos, videos, and links posted by the page’s – Pages with more than one million fans have nearly 60 times as much fan-generated content (photos, videos) as the average Facebook page.
– On an average Facebook Page, the administrators create one wall post every 15.7 days. Among pages with more than one million fans, one wall post is created for every 16.1 days. This suggests that wall post frequency does not correlate with a page’s popularity.
– Overall, the most popular “category” for Facebook pages is “non-profits”, while “celebrities”, “music”, and “products” are the most popular categories among pages with more than one million fans.
Most Popular Facebook Pages
– 95% of pages have more than 10 fans
– 65% of pages have more than 100 fans
– 23% of pages have more than 1,000 fans
– 4% of pages have more than 10,000 fans
– 0.76% of pages have more than 100,000 fans
– 0.047% of pages have more than one million fans (297 in total).
Most Popular Categories