Hot on the heels of our news about Expion becoming part of the Sysomos family, we have some more exciting news to share with you today.
Today we’re thrilled to announce that we’ve partnered with DataSift to bring anonymized and aggregated Facebook Topic Data into our already industry leading roster of data sources accessed by our flagship products MAP and Heartbeat.
The addition of Facebook Topic Data will give our customer base of over 15,000 marketers, representing over 1,500 companies, extended insights into what events, brands, subjects and activities audiences are engaging with and sharing content around on Facebook. With over 1.44 billion people using Facebook around the world, this latest addition to our dataset will ultimately empower brands to use the information gathered to understand their customers better, make better decisions about how they market on Facebook and other channels, build product roadmaps and even predict brand crises.
Our CEO, Lindsay Sparks, says, “The crucial addition of anonymized and aggregated Facebook Topic Data to the Sysomos platform will enable marketers, advertisers and agencies to better understand customers; reach new, relevant audiences; and more importantly, deliver more relevant customer experiences.”
Here are the seven principles outlining the privacy-first approach with Facebook and DataSift:
- Social data never leaves Facebook
- Social data is processed by DataSift technology running inside Facebook’s network
- User identity is removed before processing
- User identity is removed from social data before processing by DataSift technology
- Results provided in an aggregate and anonymized manner
- Only summary results containing 1,000 or more individual’s data are delivered by DataSift
- 30-day retention period of underlying social data
- Social data deleted after retention period ends
We’re incredibly excited about teaming up with DataSift to offer our clients Facebook Topic Data and the insights it will bring to Sysomos customers.
Stay tuned and we’ll update you with more information as Facebook Topic Data becomes available in our products.
And if you’re not already using Sysomos to access our database of over 500 billion social conversations, what are you waiting for? Contact us today and we’ll be happy to show you how you can take advantage of social intelligence for your business.