Facebook provides businesses with an amazing opportunity. With a global audience of over 1.6 billion, covering every region and demographic, it provides more data every minute than anyone could possibly process.
The social platform long recognized the need to provide tools to help advertisers and marketers sift through this data, and recently made Facebook Topic Data available – giving marketers unprecedented insight into what people think about topics related to their business in a privacy-safe way.
All of this is great, but only if you know where to look for (and how to analyze) the data. Cue Sysomos Scout – our newest release that allows you to analyze trends and topics from one of the world’s largest sources of public opinion.
Putting this plethora of data at your fingertips (via aggregate and anonymized data), it will help you uncover what people interact with when it comes to your brand, your products, and your competition. What’s more, it delivers insight into who your audience is and what they care about, so you can deliver better, more engaging content.
What’s So Special About Facebook Topic Data?
To start, there’s a lot of it. With over 1.6 billion members on Facebook spanning 139 countries, there’s more activity on Facebook than any other platform.
Then there’s the demographics. With Scout, you can tap into detailed demographic data unavailable on any other social platform, enabling you to truly understand and segment your audience. Available: gender, age-range, location.
And also topic-level data. Every engagement is categorized by topic, so you can easily sort and analyze millions of posts, comments, reactions, and shares. Available: entities, topics, categories.
Lastly, the in-depth analytics. All activity is highly structured, with over 60 attributes for analysis, such as sentiment, topic, likes, and demographics.
What Can You Do With Scout?
Scout provides an incredible breakdown of data, all showcased in easy-to-use and understand visualizations – enabling you to slice, dice, and analyze Facebook topic data like never before.
- Understand activity around your industry, brand, and products so you can inform paid ad strategy and improve existing social marketing programs by adding Facebook topic data to your analysis
- Research topics that are trending in your industry to understand what’s driving interactions, enabling you to deliver more relevant, engaging content
- Extend insights beyond traditional marketing to benefit all areas of your business, including content creation, product development, and market expansion
- Easily compile reports and charts to share your research across teams
- Conduct demographic research to discover and validate new audience groups
- Analyze industry-related topics and surface new engagement opportunities that are relevant to your audience
- Inform your advertising strategy by understanding what your audience is sharing and what websites they’re engaging with most
- Analyze the strength of your brand against your competitors so you can identify areas of weakness and opportunities for growth
- Conduct competitive benchmarking across age, gender, sentiment, and mentions to identify opportunities and drive improvement
- Measure your engagement rates against other products, services, and events to gauge the impact of marketing efforts
All that said, seeing truly is believing. Learn more or schedule a demo today to learn how you can incorporate Facebook Topic Data into your social media strategy.